Firstly, congratulations. Secondly, don’t stuff it up. Sounds harsh but we mean it. Well, sort of.
We think far too long about where to put semi-colons and dashes and hash tags. (Don’t get us started on semi-colons.)
So when a web-savvy client logs into their website and edits it, it can hurt a little bit when the web writing is anything less than captivating.
But mostly, we want the words on your website to do your business justice. And most importantly, get you more business.
That’s why we decided to give you 5 easy tips for copy writing kick ass content. Drum roll please.
5 Tips for Kick Ass Copy Writing
- Embrace Lists – studies show people are more likely to read information on a list. Did you read this? Point proven.
- Don’t waste time – forget fluffy introductions. Get down to the nitty gritty with your first sentence. If people can’t find what they are looking for on your website, they’ll click to the next one. So stay on target.
- Write in first person – it’s easier for people to absorb information. We are writing this blog for you. Not, Verb Web Copywriting is writing a blog for its online audience. Which sentence do you connect with?
- Write numbers as numbers – eye-scan studies show people are drawn to digits. So if you have five tips for making great coffee, make it 5!
- Call to action – at the end of your post always include a call to action. Make it easy for people to contact you by writing something like, talk to us for more web writing hints. That’s the goal of your website right?
Check back for more killer copy writing tips.
The Good People at Verb Web