On Sunday 20 October I closed my word document, stopped copy writing and stepped into the sunshine, or rather, cycled.
The Ocean Ride for MS started from The Pickled Fig Cafe at South Beach, Fremantle and ended 50 kilometres later in Sorrento.
So many people raised money for muscular sclerosis as part of the event.
As you probably know, MS is a debilitating disease that affects the lives of too many people in WA and around the world.
I was proud to be a part of this fundraising sporting spectacle!
Here are just a few highlights:
- Finishing 50 k’s with no training.
- Thinking the ride was over when there was 20 k’s to go.
- Getting a free coffee at the start. (And another one at the end!)
- The happy American who overtook me multiple times, never failing to comment cheerfully on the weather.
- The people dressed as super heroes at the finish line. (Yes, I scored a photo with them, and won’t reveal their secret identities.)
- The music and festivities at the finish line.
- The medal I am now wearing around the office.
Bye for now!
A slightly sore Sarah.